Last updated 02 June 2019.
What we Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- health data relating to allergies, conditions and medications which are prevalent to the treatments or products you may undergo
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, sms or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
The following privacy notice outlines how The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Ltd collects, uses, protects and transfers your personal data. The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Ltd is a salon that provides beauty, holistic and aesthetic treatments.
The data protection officer/data owner for the organisation is Sarah Robinson. You can contact the data protection officer/data owner by sending an email to email@example.com or writing to The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Ltd, 18a Lower Goat Lane, Norwich, NR2 1EL.
The personal data that we collect is:
· Home address
· Email address
· Date of Birth
· Phone number
· Health information
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Ltd takes your privacy seriously and we will never sell or rent your personal data to any third-party. Sharing of your data and direct marketing activities are only carried out with your express consent, which you are free to withdraw at any time.
We need to obtain and process your personal data to provide you with our products, services and treatments and to fulfil our business and legal obligations. We will never collect any personal information from you that we do not need or retain any data that is no longer necessary for the purposes specified in this notice.
Where we request sensitive personal data from you, (i.e. health or medical data), the reason(s) for the request will be clearly given along with the purposes of the processing. Explicit consent through a signature will always be required for us to obtain and process your health information.
Who is processing my data?
The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Ltd of 18a Lower Goat Lane, Norwich, NR2 1EL are the data controller and processes your personal information for the purposes laid out in this privacy notice.
Your personal data is processed to:
- Collect specific personal data (name, address, email, contact number, DOB) that is required to enter into a contract to sell a product or service.
- Engage in communication with you including conformation and reminders of appointments, and requests to cancel or change bookings.
- Collect Health information to perform the agreed services appropriately, and potentially highlight areas that products and services may cause issues to clients because of their health.
- Ensure a safe service and provide industry standard advice.
- Select relevant offers, promotions and information for you.
- Estimate the number of customers we have.
- Hold personal data that is required by law or to respond to legal process.
- Hold for insurance purposes.
- Store customer records.
Your rights as the individual
If your personal data is held by The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Ltd you hold particular rights over it.
Where you have provided consent for us to contact you as part of our marketing services, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe option accompanied with all of our direct marketing or by contacting The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Ltd Data Officer.
You also have the right:
- To be informed of how your personal data will be used before it is collected.
- To access your personal data personal data and to information on how your information is used after it has been gathered.
- To have personal data corrected if it is incomplete, inaccurate, or out of date.
- To request the removal or deletion of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- To restrict processing, to ‘block processing of your personal data.
- To data portability, having your data moved, copied or transferred from The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Ltd to another organisation in an easily readable format.
- To object to direct marketing from us.
Special categories of personal data collected
Health Questions are asked in many of our consent forms to potentially highlight treatments that may have a negative effect on your health due to medication you are taking or a condition you have. The Norfolk Beauty Rooms asks for the consent prior to gathering and processing the information. At any time after giving consent, you can withdraw your consent, subject to legal, insurance and contractual restrictions (see more on ‘your rights as an individual’). Your privacy is very important to us and we only use this information for determining your suitability for the treatment.
Process of collection
Your personal data is collected when you provide it to us through Shedule / Fresha, our website, over the phone, The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Salon, by email, social media, in writing, or any other means by which you provide it to us. Information is stored using the Shedule Salon platform as well as some level of paper record keeping.
The Norfolk Beauty Rooms gives you access to information about your account and bookings through Shedule, via printouts or viewing on the salon computer screen, for the limited purpose of viewing and updating that information.
The Norfolk Beauty Rooms does not collect the personal data of children under the age of 13, without parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we hold any information about or from a child under the age of 13, please contact The Norfolk Beauty Rooms and if we cannot immediately obtain appropriate parental or guardian consent, will remove the personal data from our storage.
The Norfolk Beauty Rooms do not share your personal information with any third party without your prior consent, other than those already disclosed in this privacy notice or as part of our legal obligations under the relevant data protection laws.
Use of Data Processers
Data processers are third parties who provide some elements of our business services for us. Where we use a third party, we have strict agreements in place governing the processing of your personal data, on which no action can be taken without instruction from us. The third parties with whom we work will never share or disclose your personal information and will hold it securely at all times.
The Norfolk Beauty Rooms use software provided by Shedule to hold information about your contact details, history of retail, history of treatments booked and taken or not attended for checking details with you for any enquires you may have of historical treatments, and retail items. We can share this information with you at any time. Details of medication or medical conditions can only be stored in this fashion with your consent.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
- The Norfolk Beauty Rooms retains your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client. The Norfolk Beauty Rooms is required under tax laws to keep your personal data for 7 years. Health and Safety records will be retained for 10 years and where we have your consent for marketing purposes; we will retain the minimum required data until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such information.
The criteria for which we would continue to process your personal information includes:
- Where there is a legal basis, obligation or legitimate interest to continuing processing your personal information
- Where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Safeguarding your Personal Data
Appropriate measures are taken to protect your personal data from access from unauthorized persons or inappropriate access, internal or external. Both the remote access and the web booking systems utilise encrypted, secure connections for transmission of data. Any paper files recording your personal data are held in a secure filing cabinet, which can only be accessed by authorised personnel in the salon. Employees are only assigned specific access rights and can only access the salon software with the PIN number assigned to them by the management of the salon.
In the occurrence that you want to make a complaint about how your personal data was gathered, how it is being processed by The Norfolk Beauty Rooms (or third parties used by) The Norfolk Beauty Rooms or you are not satisfied about how a complaint has been handled, you retain the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and The Norfolk Beauty Rooms and also The Norfolk Beauty Rooms Data Protection Officer/ GDPR owner